Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Lists

Later, I shall have pie ~Anonymous

Getting into the toughest stretch of training now. Logged 17 miles this past Sunday, 6 x 800 this morning, and have 8 miles at MP coming up Thursday. The next 5 weeks are looking pretty brutal.

Everything hurts. Starting to walk funny. People notice. Neighbors notice. The dog is now walking me. Poor Poe, they say; 'There goes old man Lufkin, walking all crazy. Let's cross the street.' I try to wave hello. They pretend to ignore me and look at their phone. But I see them. It's just an empty hand.

Alright, so it's not that bad. But, still. Training in this heat and humidity wears you down. It beats you up a little more. So, to combat the monotony of analyzing the past few days of training in this sweatfest, I've decided to make a list.

A list of all the things I'm looking forward to enjoying (without guilt) after Marquette.

1) Drinking beer at Bluejacket

2) Pie

3) Drinking beer at Nationals games

4) Bonchon

5) Drinking beer at Right Proper

6) SNICKERDOODLES

7) Drinking Old Pro's by the pool

8) Not weighing myself 4x a day

9) Going to bed after 9:30pm

10) Less rice

11) Less Google searching: What's the shortest recovery period needed before running another marathon?

More to come later this week...

-J



No comments:

Post a Comment