Wednesday, November 2, 2016

November Goals

Vision without action is a daydream.
Action without vision is a nightmare. 
                                                                 ~Japanese Proverb

The first half of October was spent building back up mileage after taking it easy during most of September after the marathon. During the last several weeks; I've focused on speed workouts while simultaneously building up mileage to 50 mpw. I've been pushing myself on the track and I think it's showing dividends. I really feel ready to breakthrough. I came up with a short 6 week plan after the Detroit Free Press Half to try and get my 5K times down before going back into marathon training. Here are the completed workouts:

Week 1: 12 x 400 w 200 jog (87 avg)
Week 2: 12 x 400 w 200 jog (86 avg); 3 x mile w 4 min jog (5:49, 5:51, 5:53)
Week 3: 4 x 800 w 200 jog (2:53 avg) + 4 x 400 (87, 87, 86, 81)

I have two 5K's planned this month; the DC Hot Cider Hustle on November 5th and then my target race is the GCR Thanksgiving Turkey Trot in Naples, Florida on Thanksgiving morning. I should be able to break 19 this weekend, and I really feel close to being able to go sub 18:30. It was only last year that I had a goal of breaking 20.

By the end of the month, I'd like to be up to 60 mpw. For this upcoming marathon cycle which begins next month already, I'd like to average 65 - 70 and peak at 75. That should help a long way toward getting me that BQ!




No comments:

Post a Comment